Stop worrying and start living!
Anxiety is a condition of persistent and excessive worry. A person suffering from anxiety may feel agitated, overwhelmed, isolated, and have irrational thoughts. They may also experience trembling, racing heartbeat, churning stomach, and lack of focus. Anxiety can have a significant impact on a person’s ability to work and be part of a family and community. Anxiety can lead to other health issues such as depression, insomnia, and digestive problems.
If you suffer from anxiety, you are not alone. Approximately 2 million other Australians suffer too. Fortunately, there are ways to decrease the symptoms and effects of anxiety.These include:
1. Eat small meals often – low blood sugar can lead to similar feelings of anxiety, such as trembling and erratic thoughts. Having small healthy meals frequently can help to decrease these feelings and provide consistent healing nutrients to best support your body during stressful periods.
2. Breathe, and breathe again – a loss of control is a key feature of anxiety. Stopping to take deep breaths can create space to bring a sense of calm.
3. Avoid stimulants – stimulants like caffeine can be stressful to an anxious person. Such stress can worsen symptoms and lead to poor sleep. Quality sleep is crucial for good mental and physical health.
4. Exercise – moderate exercise, especially outdoors, is ideal for anxiety sufferers. It results in the release of feel-good hormones and increases energy and confidence.
5. Get some help – no one has to suffer from anxiety alone. Counsellors and psychologists can provide tools to assist someone to manage anxiety. Talking to caring friends and family can provide support and comfort.
Foods, nutrition and herbal tonics and supplements can also assist you to manage your anxiety. The team at Mojo Health Charlestown can provide advice on how best to support your physical health as you learn to take back control and find the joy in life again.
If you would like to know more on how to live with anxiety, join me for our next Customer Event Night on Thursday 10th March. Book your ticket at www.eventbrite.com.au
MOJO HEALTH | Ground Floor, Charlestown Square | PH (02) 4023 5320 | www.mojohealth.com.au