• Brett Cameron | Cameron Hypnotics

Lessons Learned and New Beginnings

The 2018 calendar is nearing its end. Like many people at this time of year, it is time to take stock, review, lick our wounds, analyse what went right and what didn’t, and hopefully store away the learnings from the year’s adventures.

Are you exhausted? I think we can all agree that life can be stressful as we juggle family (both immediate and extended), work, school, social, work (yes more work), life, relationships, and for some people, weighed down with a burden, they are still dragging their past emotional parcels with them.

This is a time of year for review and renew.

  • What achievements have you ticked off this year?

  • What did you plan to achieve, yet somehow it didn’t happen?

  • Given time again, what different strategies would you employ?

  • Has your past year been in balance? Life, family, work, fun?

  • Knowing what you know now, take your mind back to January 2018 and give yourself some new advice. What would you say to you?

As a Hypnotherapist and Coach, I am talking with people every day who have endured physical, emotional, mental or spiritual difficulties and challenges, yet they have a distinct quality of which they are unaware. They have resilience. They have a wonderfully creative and resourceful part within that has developed strategies and coping mechanisms that have helped them to survive and grow. Yet that person is so focused on the things that have gone wrong, that they have lost sight of the fact that they have got through. They have resilience, flexibility and inner strength.

“The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in the storm” ~ Confucius.

So where to from here? Looking forward to 2019, what changes would you like to make? What goals do you have? What would you love to achieve by December 2019?

It is time for renewal – after all – a goal without a plan is just a wish! At the start of every year, I give my clients a simple one-page planning sheet (The Key Areas of Life). It allows us to break life into six different areas and asks you to set an individual goal for each of those areas. The areas of focus are:

  • Finance and Money

  • Health

  • Education

  • Career

  • Personal Development

  • Family and Relationships

Your task is to create a goal based on the SMART principle for each of those areas, and then give yourself a percentage chance of achieving that goal. For example, if your goal is to “save $10,000 by December 2019” and that goal is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely, but you believe there is only a 90% chance of being achieved, then I have to help you to find the missing 10%. The missing component could be self-doubt, a limiting belief or maybe the goal is unrealistic.

In any field of endeavour, those who succeed are usually those who are goal oriented. They have a vision, a purpose, a goal and a plan. If you enter the following URL and click on the Key Areas of Life link, you can download your own copy to start the 2019 planning process at www.cameronhypnotics.com.au/our-services/life-coaching

Are you ready to create a new you for the new year? Check out my 3-Session Life Direction program for only $399. You might want to check the range of self-hypnosis MP3s on Spotify and iTunes by searching Cameron Hypnotics. Health Fund rebates apply where applicable.

Today's Local News
1232 Live Music Lake Mac InTouch 300x300
101618 02 East Newcastle Press 300x300.j
intouch THIS MONTH


Every month intouch magazine captures the unique spirit of our region and grabs the attention of the community. Intouch magazine showcases what’s hot, what’s on and who’s who with a dynamic blend of inspirational articles, lifestyle features, fashion, events, food and travel – it’s the go-to source for people living in (or visiting) Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens and The Hunter Valley. It’s the place to be seen to build your reputation, tell your story, launch a new enterprise and keep the community intouch both in print and online.



297 Brunker Rd, Adamstown NSW 2289 


PH +61 2 4943 0888 


subscribe to  intouch

Copyright 2015-2020 Two Tribes Media. Published monthly by Two Tribes Media. All rights reserved. Permission to reprint or quote excerpt granted by written request only. While every attempt has been made, Two Tribes media cannot guarantee the legality, completeness or accuracy of the information presented and accepts no warranty or responsibility for such.

© 2015-2020 Two Tribes Media