Join the millions of paws walking this May to fight animal cruelty!
Millions of paws around the country have started hitting the pavement for RSPCA NSW’s Million Paws Walk: Walk This May.
During the month of May RSPCA NSW is calling every man, woman, child, and their dogs, to start walking to raise funds for animal welfare.
There are three quick and easy steps to join RSPCA NSW’s much-loved annual walk and be a hero for dogs in need:
1. Head to our website and sign up
2. Share your fundraising page with friend and family
3. Commence walkies with your furry friend!
Because of COVID-19 developments, RSPCA NSW’s Million Paws Walk will launch as a virtual event, where dog lovers will walk their pet for 30, 45 or 60 minutes a day. Participants have up until the end of May to raise money for RSPCA NSW and be a hero for dogs in need.
“Events like Million Paws Walk are even more crucial in such challenging times, as we depend on fundraising and donations to continue the lifesaving work that we do,” said RSPCA NSW Community Fundraising Manager Danielle Cameron.
“Every participant taking part in Million Paws Walk: Walk This May this year will be raising vital funds to help the 30,000 dogs that come into the care of the RSPCA every year, that is 82 dogs every single day that need our help”.
Each day brings a new challenge in our shelters and your fundraising efforts make a tangible impact on all creatures, great and small. Every dollar raised goes directly to helping end the cycle of animal cruelty.
· Just $40 can help heat a kennel and keep an abandoned dog warm this winter
· $58 can help rehabilitate an abandoned or abused dog, helping them trust humans again
· $90 can keep our animal ambulance on the road, rescuing injured animals
· $1,000 helps subsidise the cost of prosecuting a cruelty offender in court.
Million Paws Walk: Walk This May celebrates a mutual love of animals while keeping owners and pets healthy and safe as they hit the pavement in their own backyards and neighbourhoods.
Detailed information, registration forms, fundraising progress and merchandise are available for individuals to view and purchase at www.millionpawswalk.com.au.