The Newcastle City Farmers Markets have been supporting local farmers since 1999. And what better way to start this year with the new weekly ritual of heading to the markets to pick up your weeks worth of fruit veg, meat and dairy?
This month you can find the markets at Newcastle Showground on Mar 1,15,22 & 29, and at Newcastle Jockey Club on Mar 8 (9am start). Keep up with any updated here.
Newcastle City Farmers Market is an "essential food market"
BUT with extra precautions put in place in the interests of the safety of our stallholders, customers and staff including:
• enhanced cleaning and hand sanitiser will be supplied throughout the market for your convenience
• Please follow the advice of the signage at the market regarding hygiene and social distancing.
• Little Sprouts Play Centre will be closed
We are pleased to support our farmers/producers and offer our community a service for essential produce and food supplies.
We ask that our visitors uphold the advice currently regarding the Coronavirus, including:
– practising regular hygiene measures including hand washing and sanitising,
– practising social distancing of 1.5m as much as possible
– limiting conversations with stallholders and other patrons
– reusable cups will not be accepted at coffee outlets
– if you feel unwell, even with cold or mild illness, please stay home