• WORDS Brett Cameron - Cameron Hypnotics

And So, Another Year Rolls On…

2019 is nearly gone and another decade awaits. This is the time of year when most of us take stock, reflect, rejuvenate, and in most cases collapse with exhaustion, knowing that somehow you have survived another year.

For a lot of us, this is also a time to give thought to how the next year can be different. By different, I mean to make some life and work changes.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them.” ~ Albert Einstein

Are you exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally? Life can be stressful as we juggle family (both immediate and extended), work, school, social, work (yes more work), life, relationships, and for some people, weighed down with a burden; a burden of past emotional baggage that you just can’t seem to shake.

  • What have you achieved this year?

  • What was on your “to-do” list, and is still there?

  • Has your past year been in balance? Life, family, work, fun?

  • Knowing what you know now, take your mind back to January 2019 and give yourself some new advice. What would you say to you?

So where to from here? Looking forward to 2020, what will be different for you? What goals do you have? Are you moving towards the new decade with a plan or running away from the last one, clinging onto nothing but hope? A goal without a plan is just a wish!

At the start of every year, I give my clients a simple one-page planning sheet (The Key Areas of Life). It allows us to break life into six different areas and asks you to set an individual goal for each of those areas.

The areas of focus are:

  • Finance and Money

  • Health

  • Education

  • Career

  • Personal Development

  • Family and Relationships

Your task is to create a goal based on the SMART principle for each of those areas, and then give yourself a percentage chance of achieving that goal. For example, if your goal is to “save $10,000 by December 2020” and that goal is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely. However, if you believe there is only a 90 per cent chance of being ticked off, then I have to help you to find the missing 10 per cent. The missing component could be self-doubt, a limiting belief or maybe the goal is unrealistic.

In any field of endeavour, those who succeed are usually those who are goal-oriented. They have a vision, a purpose, a goal and a plan. Go to the Cameron Hypnotics weblink below, click on the Life Coaching page and then the Key Areas of Life link, you can download your own copy to start the 2020 planning process.

Are you ready to create a new you for the new year? At Cameron Hypnotics we have created a 3-Session Better Version of Me program for $500 – see right for more information. Health Fund rebates apply where applicable. You might also want to check the range of self-hypnosis MP3's on Spotify and iTunes by searching Cameron Hypnotics. For more information, visit ww.cameronhypnotics.com.au

What are you waiting for? Create your 2020 NOW!

26910 seniors festival banner digital 30


Every month intouch magazine captures the unique spirit of our region and grabs the attention of the community. Intouch magazine showcases what’s hot, what’s on and who’s who with a dynamic blend of inspirational articles, lifestyle features, fashion, events, food and travel – it’s the go-to source for people living in (or visiting) Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens and The Hunter Valley. It’s the place to be seen to build your reputation, tell your story, launch a new enterprise and keep the community intouch both in print and online.



297 Brunker Rd, Adamstown NSW 2289 


PH +61 2 4943 0888 


subscribe to  intouch

Copyright 2015-2020 Two Tribes Media. Published monthly by Two Tribes Media. All rights reserved. Permission to reprint or quote excerpt granted by written request only. While every attempt has been made, Two Tribes media cannot guarantee the legality, completeness or accuracy of the information presented and accepts no warranty or responsibility for such.

© 2015-2020 Two Tribes Media